Current Showcase Vacancies
Fancy working with Showcase? Find our current vacancies below.
Childcare Tutor/ Assessor
Working with a friendly team based in Hampshire, the successful applicant will be employed as a Childcare Tutor (formerly known as an Assessor or Trainer). You will deliver Apprenticeship programmes in Childcare to learners in Hampshire with a caseload of 38 candidates.
Please note: this role is remote; however the candidate must be willing to drive anywhere within Hampshire and surrounding radius including to our head office in Gosport.
Before applying please read our blog to ensure this is the right role for you: https://showcasetraining.co.uk/2018/08/06/thinking-of-becoming-an-assessor/
Job Purpose / Objective:
- To deliver vocational qualifications, coaching and assessment of learners in accordance with the National Standards using a range of assessment methods
- To work with childcare settings / providers to ensure that training provision meets their needs as a business
- Deliver QCF qualifications and Apprenticeship Standards within agreed timescales including Functional Skills in Maths and English up to Level 2
- Develop and agree realistic plans for learning and assessment with learners, taking into consideration their needs as an individual, and the needs of the childcare provider
- Support, coach, and mentor learners to achieve timely completions in line with Showcase’s contractual obligations, both face to face and remotely
- Ensure learners are given fair and constructive feedback on all assessment decisions
- Conduct reviews in line with company requirements including reinforcement of health and safety expectations, equality and diversity, safeguarding and career aims and progressions
- Achieve contractual targets as defined by the company
- Enrol and induct learners onto their chosen qualification / pathway in consideration of the learner and employer
- To assist in the recruitment of learners and settings to participate in QCF programmes
- Ensure all marking is undertaken within agreed timescales
- Maintain and build on existing and new employer / learner relationships
- Achieve minimum of 85% overall achievement rate and 77% timely completion rate
- Comply with and complete all relevant paperwork
- Comply with statutory and company policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Showcase team to promote provisions and maximise profit
- Abide by Ofsted, QCF, SFA and company regulations at all times, ensuring that portfolios and learner files satisfy awarding body and funding criteria
- Actively participate in, and promote, the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Practice and promote the importance of equal opportunities and diversity considerations, both for learners and within the workplace
- Attend team and standardisation meetings
- Keep up to date with changes to national standards
- Work towards further professional qualifications to enhance skills and knowledge
- Manage and maintain a strict and cost effective diary, ensuring that the training management/line manager are aware of your movements
- Organise and maintain a CPD file, ensuring current occupation competence is up to date and recorded
- Maintain out of funded learners at below 5% for a period up to 3 months
- Take responsibility for all day to day queries and questions that learners may have
- Paediatric First Aid courses are a requirement of the Apprenticeship framework and may form part of the learner’s development. On occasion it may be required that the accredited qualification is delivered
- Other reasonable duties, as required by the post’s line manager or by the company
Job Type / Category
Showcase Training deliver Childcare Apprenticeships Levels 2 and 3, standalone QCFs, and funded Functional Skills. Your role will be to deliver Childcare Apprenticeships in workplaces across Hampshire and surrounding areas, and to support delivery of our standalone courses if required.
The role is full time (37.5 hours a week), Monday to Friday.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Hold a full and clean UK Driving Licence
- Have extensive experience within the Childcare sector, preferably to management level
- Hold GCSE Maths and English grade A*-C (or equivalent) and have proficient ICT skills
- Have an Assessing or teaching qualification (e.g. A1, CAVA), though this is not mandatory at this stage.
Full induction process including working with a mentor
Expenses paid from your doorstep (45p a mile)
25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year