Level 5 Early Years Senior Practitioner
The purpose of the Level 5 Diploma for the Early Years Senior Practitioner qualification is to support leadership and management skills across the early years sector and acquire the knowledge and skills relating directly to early years practice. It embraces the wealth of experience of the Level 3 and Level 4 practitioner and provides and opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents/carers, and other professionals to enable quality of provision.
This qualification is suitable for practitioners already working in the early years sector in some form of managerial role as well as learners who may wish to progress their career from deputy or other supervisory responsibilities. The Early Years Senior Practitioner is a positive role model for the team and supports best practice through promoting legislative requirements, motivational opportunities, and quality provision for improved outcomes for babies and children.
An Early Years Senior Practitioner:
- Supports the day-to-day management of the different rooms within a nursery setting
- Ensures all nursery objectives are met in line with legislation and policies and procedures of the setting
- Provides effective inclusion of children in an early years setting
- Plan and lead staff meetings
- Organised and efficient and has an enthusiastic approach
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Confident writing reports and keeping all records up to date in line with the required standard
- Providing effective support, information and guidance while mentoring staff members
- Implements statutory requirements for children with additional needs, working in partnership as well as health and safety and safeguarding
- Promoting an effective team environment to ensure high quality of childcare is provided at all times
- Flexibility to cope with ever-changing needs within the setting
- Proactively contribute to effective team working and foster open and honest communication amongst colleagues within the team
£4140 (monthly payment plans and Advanced Learner Loans avaliable)
- Learners must be aged 19 and over and hold a full and relevant Level 3 Early Years childcare qualification
- Learners must be employed in an Early Years setting and supported by their employer to complete this qualification
To be awarded the NCFE CACHE Level 5 Diploma for the Early Years Senior Practitioner, learners must achieve a total of 90 credits from all 18 mandatory units.
The units are as follows:
- R/617/3759 Manage care routines for children
- J/617/3760 Lead practice in promoting the well-being and resilience in children
- L/617/3761 Model positive behaviour in the early years
- R/617/3762 Lead activities, experiences and educational opportunities to promote children’s speech, language and communication
- Y/617/3763 Lead children’s early education and development
- D/617/3764 Understand holistic child development from birth to 7 years
- Y/505/9820 Developing children’s emergent literacy skills
- D/505/9821 Developing children’s emergent mathematical skills
- H/617/3765 Develop and implement policies and procedures to support the safeguarding of children
- K/617/3766 Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in Early Years Settings
- Y/602/3183 Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- M/617/3767 Supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disability in an Early Years Setting
- T/617/3768 Work in partnership in Early Years Settings
- A/617/3769 Lead and manage a team within an Early Years Setting
- A/504/2198 Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- M/617/3770 Quality provision in Early Years Settings
- L/602/2578 Promote professional development
- T/617/3771 Review own knowledge of learning and development for early years practice
Acquiring this qualification will provide learners with the knowledge and skills to work as an Early Years Senior Practitioner within the Early Years Workforce across private, voluntary and independent sector or progress to Higher Education in their field of choice.
Learners undertaking this qualification could work in the following job roles:
- Deputy Manager
- Room Leader/Supervisor
- Leader with designated area of responsibility.
This qualification is for the benefit of continual professional development (CPD) at level 5; whilst it is not directly an equivalent to a full Foundation Degree, it can count towards it and you may be able to complete a top-up course at university. For more information and advice, please contact Showcase Training and we will direct you to our dedicated Careers Advisor.