Level 4 Early Years Advanced Practitioner
The level 4 qualification is aimed at providing continuous professional development to current level 3 practitioners working in the Early Years field. It embraces the wealth of experience of the level 3 early years workforce and equips them to use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles and responsibilities in the early years workforce. Acquiring this qualification will provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed to work as an Advanced Practitioner in early years. It is designed to bridge the gap between Level 3 and Level 5 in the early years workforce and support professional progression.
This qualification includes the unit required to be fully qualified in a PANCO role.
Learners must be aged 18+ and already hold a full Level 3 early years/childcare qualification.
An Early Years Advanced Practitioner:
Must be employed in an early years setting. It is expected that the setting would have all resources needed for the learners to be able to complete this qualification. There are no mandatory resource requirements for this qualification, but learners must have access to suitable resources to enable them to cover all the appropriate learning outcomes. To assist in the delivery of this qualification, centres/learners should have access to:
- Statutory documentation
- Setting’s policies and procedures
- Various approaches/influences.
£864 or £144 a month
Learners should be at least 18 years old and should have the ability to manage the requirements of the level of the qualification. They must already hold a full Level 3 early years/childcare qualification. Learners must be employed in a suitably Early Years setting for more than 16 hours a week.
To be awarded the NCFE CACHE Level 4 Diploma for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner, learners are required to successfully achieve a minimum of 35 credits.
The units are as follows:
- EYAP1 Enabling children to learn
- EYAP2 Promoting health and well-being through physical activity and nutrition co-ordination (PANCo) in the early years
- EYAP3 Working with others to support children with additional needs, including Special Educational Needs and Disability
- EYAP4 Working with families and other professionals in early years settings
- EYAP5 Implementing change in an early years settings incorporating a small-scale research project
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to a Level 5 qualification such as the Level 5 Diploma for the Early Years Senior Practitioner. The qualification will also prepare learners for further study of early years in higher education. Learners could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator (PANCo)
- Internal progression at a higher level, including those with management responsibilities
- Leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities