Website Twynham House
A family-run nursery school for ages 3 months to 5 years, in the heart of Christchurch. With over 30 years in early years education, our dedication to childcare will exceed every parent's expectations.
Are you looking to train in childcare? A friendly, local nursery in Bournemouth, Dorset is looking for a Nursery Apprentice to join their team. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
As an apprentice your duties would include:
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Completing all Apprenticeship work as set by Showcase Training Assessor
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
This role is 40 hours per week Monday – Friday. Candidates will be on a wage of £5.28 per hour, increasing to National Minimum/Living Wage after 12 months of employment.
Training to be provided by Showcase Training:
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (15 Months) OR
- NCFE/CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator (18 months)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (unless exempt)
Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. Should you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.